Monday, April 19, 2010

Final Post on PLN

I have continued using Twitter to build my personal learning network. I've added several educators from around the world and enjoy reading their posts just as much as reading the stars of hollywood's posts. Some of the people I have added and continue to follow include Karl Fisch, Nicholas Provenzano, Mr. Chamberlain, Web Wise Kids, and several other educators and educational groups around the world. I found most of them after I added Dr. Strange on the network. I really enjoy the links the Web Wise Kids post. Today is Earth Day, and they posted a link to the website of the whitehouse. The link included an article entitled, "A New Foundation For Engery and the Environment," and I encourage everyone to read the article. It includes some very interesting ideas for the future. I intend to continue building my PLN for the remainder of my college career so that by the time I graduate, I will have many connections to look to for advice with my teaching. I had never considered using Twitter or any other form of social networking to help benefit my career, but I'm excited to see where all this will be going!

4 comments:

  1. I am completely with you on the PLN idea. I have started scrolling through twitter and Facebook recently to look for educational tools and also to find people and pages that post information that I think will be beneficial to me as a teacher. I never thought of using sites like this for more than just a social network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Twitter as part of my PLN too! I'll have to check out Facebook pages as part of my PLN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give us a sense of your PLN. You can provide names or at least let us know the types of people that make it up and how you found them.

    Without some detail we are left totally in the dark about what you have done to build a PLN and how it is taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I elaborated a bit more, Dr. Strange.

    ReplyDelete